Active-Active HA Cluster setup with MPIO
So far, during our webcasts and in the how-to materials, we have promoted an Active-Active setup with MPIO and bonding. This time, we will take a closer look at MPIO-only configuration which can be particularly helpful if all your storage network ports are 10GbE.
Our moderator will take you through the complete configuration process, showing you the best practices for configuring the most important functions. Additionally, with a help of Iometer, we will test how the performance is affected when the load balancing is deactivated.
Let’s have a look at some of the topics which were discussed this time:
- Options for Active-Active HA cluster with Zero Single Point Of Failure configuration
- Network adapters configuration
- Running Iometer – best practices for testing your storage performance
- Load balancing in Active-Active setup
- How to configure host binding and volume replication tasks
- How to remove logical volumes from resource pool when volume replication is active
- Creating iSCSI Targets on both nodes
- Best practices for configuring auxiliary paths (heartbeats) and ping nodes
- Configuring resource pools
- Configuring iSCSI targets and MPIO within Microsoft iSCSI Initiator
- Examples of SSD disks for caching and cheap 10GbE switches on the market
If you haven’t tried our software yet, you can download a free 60 day trial from our website now!
Leave a comment
DATA STORAGE SOFTWARE
- Support for NAS, iSCSI, FibreChannel
- High-Availability over 2 nodes
- Reasonable pricing