Open-E DSS V7 as a virtual machine on VMware
Most of us use Virtual Environments for production, testing, training or just for a demo. This is why we would like to be sure you know how to install our Open-E DSS V7 as a Virtual Machine.
In this post we will do it with VMware.
First, you need to download the Open-E DSS V7 TRIAL version from our website.
Please download the ISO file. Next, in the VMware GUI upload the ISO into any existing data store.
Now you can add the new VM. Please select the “custom” setup option in order to set more details. Please use default settings, except for the following:
- Guest Operating system: Other 2.6.x Linux (64bit)
- Memory Configuration : at least 1GB
- Network adapter: VMXNET 3
- SCSI Controller: VMware Paravirtual
- Capacity of disk: 2GB (this disk will be used as a boot media for the Open-E DSS V7)
If you are not familiar with VMware you may watch the step-by-step video: