We wanted to provide you an in-depth explanation of the Ping-Node offering clarifications on its function and usage. Incorrect Ping-Node configuration and functionality can cause problems with HA clusters. The importance of this post is critical for a proper setup with the iSCSI Failover. Why do we need a ping-node or rather ping-nodes? DSS V6 iSCSI Failover (and soon NFS Failover) uses a heartbeat to check the Primary and Secondary hosts to each other. We […]
I am not kidding. We were getting queries about the performance of our latest DSS V6 build 4786. So I needed to quickly set up a performance benchmark. It took me about 5 minutes to set one up with a Fibre Channel volume connected to a VMware ESXi 4.1.0 host. My test server has a 4Gb dual-port FC HBA, so in order to get maximum performance I configured a round-robin Multipath. Then I ran IOmeter […]
DATA STORAGE SOFTWARE
- Support for NAS, iSCSI, FibreChannel
- High-Availability over 2 nodes
- Reasonable pricing
- New Feature Pack: Open-E Data Storage Software V7 with Avago Syncro® Solution
- Open-E DSS V7 Active-Active HA-Cluster with VMware ESXi 5.5
- TAROX Inside 2014: we were there!
- Introducing: Open-E JovianDSS – Software Defined Data Storage
- Supermicro security update for IPMI / BMC firmware. Update now and be safe!