During the past couple of weeks our CTO, Janusz Bak, held two easy to follow technical webinars regarding Open-E JovianDSS, a Software Defined Storage designed especially for enterprise-sized storage environments. Its unique features guarantee highest data reliability and integrity for users seeking a unified NAS and SAN solution with thin provisioning, compression and deduplication. In case you missed the live tutorials , you can now watch them on the Open-E website! Read the article to get the idea of what has been discussed.
Hyper-converged HA infrastructure with Open-E JovianDSS VSA and VMware
In this video tutorial our moderator shows all the necessary tips on how to build a High Availability infrastructure with Open-E JovianDSS, together with features introduction, setup process and cluster testing.
- Open-E JovianDSS storage feature set introduction
- Open-E JovianDSS as a Virtual Storage Appliance (VSA) on VMware ESXi
- Setting up an Open-E JovianDSS VSA High Availability Load-balanced Cluster with Multipath
- Testing the cluster
Active-Active Load-Balanced HA Cluster with Open-E JovianDSS
This video in turn, presents how to set up an Active-Active Load-Balanced Cluster with Open-E JovianDSS showing the advantages and disadvantages of Active-Active and Active-Passive setups by step-by-step configuration demo.
- Zero-Single-Point-of-Failure configuration
- Pros and cons of Active-Active and Active-Passive
- iSCSI and NFS Active-Active HA Cluster step-by-step
- High Availability cluster setup in a virtual environment with VMware
- Testing planned and unplanned failover
Keep your technical knowledge up-to-date by observing Open-E’s recorded webinars and video tutorials. Our experienced engineers will take you through everything you need to know about Open-E software. You will learn how to implement, configure and use the key features of our software, with lots of practical solutions and tips.