Lately our engineers have updated Open-E DSS V7 Data Storage Software with some new features, updates and fixes. Thus, the update 57 is now available for download on the Open-E website.
The Linux-based Open-E DSS V7 data storage software ensures Business Continuity and High Availability, and enables centralized storage management. As a unified file and block-level operating system, the software provides support for multiple infrastructures (1GbE, 10GbE, 40GbE, FC, Infiniband), and offers NAS, iSCSI and Fibre Channel in a single application.
Open-E DSS V7 is loaded with best-in-class features, aimed at demanding virtualized environments, HA storage clusters, network environments, CCTV, backup and more. Read more about features and benefits in Open-E DSS V7.
The following new features have been implemented in the Open-E DSS V7 up57:
- Online tutorials in GUI
- HA cluster management with CLI API commands
- Volumes availability monitoring with IPMI watchdog in HA cluster
- Auto-Discovery AFP shares with Bonjour functionality
- Support for SMB2 protocol
- Ability to use external, removable device (e.g. USB, hot plug SATA/SAS) as a storage for Local Backup functionality (Dynamic Unit)
- Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V drivers for paravirtualized hardware (hv_netvsc, hv_utils, hv_storvsc, hid-hyperv, v.4.1.0)
- KVM drivers for paravirtualized hardware (virtio-net, virtio-scsi)
- Tool for Newtech RAID management
- Improved mechanism of hardware failure detection (low memory corruption)
- Support for QLogic FastLinQ 45xxx Series Controllers (qed, qede, v.188.8.131.52)
For more details on the update 57, read the Release Notes >>